Chandrakasem Rajabhat University was established in 1940 as Thailandís first Secondary Education Teachersí Training School with the main objective being to support the production of teachers at the secondary education teacherís certificate level. Located in Chandrakasem Palace on Ratchadamnoen Avenue, the schoolís status was upgraded to the teachersí college level in accordance with the Ministry of Educationís announcement in 1958 and the higher learning format was adopted. It was later relocated to Soi Sangkhawatthana 2 (Lat Phrao 23), Ratchadaphisek Road, where it has been staying until today, and renamed ďChandrakasem Teachersí CollegeĒ. In 1991, the college was bestowed the Outstanding Higher Education Institute Award by the Ministry of Education.
On February 14, 1992, His Majesty the King graciously renamed the college as Chandrakasem Rajabhat Institute, and later on June 14, 2004, established it as Chandrakasem Rajabhat University.
Chandrakasem Rajabhat University is now an institute of higher education offering bachelorís degree courses, both during and outside office hours, along with graduate programs at both the masterís degree and doctorate levels. The major production emphasis is on the all-round quality of graduates who meet all kinds of social requirements in every circumstance, while the entire teaching staff and personnel have been continuously developed. Furthermore, the management of learning or teaching conditions, technological development and information systems have been improved to upgrade our status to international standards proudly recognized by all parties concerned.